Monday, February 4, 2008

There's no crying in politics

I saw the headline once and laughed. I saw it the second time and shook my head. I saw it a third time and thought, "I guess I have to address this." The Swamp is reporting that Hillary Clinton cried again.

The last time this happened, I wrote about the obnoxious claim that Clinton was faking her tears. That claim came from Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. who represents the Obama campaign.

My hunch is that if the tears have any effect on anyone this time, it will be more negative because she will be viewed as a calculated crier. I haven't seen video yet, but I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

I wish we were talking about something else, but it looks like tears are the thing again.

Update: CNN has the video here, and I think that describing this as crying is a pretty big stretch.

No comments: