Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Obama takes the lead

I've been working on figuring out the process of assigning delegates for two and half days and every time I think I have it figured out, the numbers don't add up right, or I find a loophole. That's why I'm a blogger, relying on what other people tell me.

Word this afternoon is that Obama grabbed more delegates last night than Clinton did. This is big news because most people who analyze the upcoming primaries agree that Obama has the advantage. The thinking was that he would use those states to close the gap with Clinton. But if these new numbers hold, he could use those states to widen his lead.

As I wrote this morning, lots of people think that this "war of attrition" benefits Obama. Think of what it could do if he goes into it with the lead -- and cash flow -- in hand.

Speaking of cash, Drudge (so take the next few words cautiously) is reporting that the Clintons have dipped into their own bank accounts to fund her election.

Update: CNN, a slightly more reliable source than Drudge, has confirmed that the Clintons are helping to fund her campaign. They have apparently added $5 million to the war chest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have nothing to say about this post except that Duke sucks and UNC is going to kick some ass tonight. With or without Ty, they're going to bring their A game!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Thin Man...the difference is, Duke plays defense. Lawson would have helped too, I suppose. In a much bigger game...Wisconsin hung on to beat Iowa 60-54 to set up a battle of 9-1 teams on Saturday at the Kohl Center.