Monday, January 14, 2008

Dirty politics

In what shouldn't be much of a surprise, the Clinton campaign has returned to what it does best -- dirty politics. The latest came from BET president Bob Johnson:



Johnson later said he was referring "to Barack Obama's time spent as a community organizer." This is a ridiculous comment that no one could possibly believe. But it's even more ridiculous when you consider previous comments that have come from the Clinton campaign.

Johnson's comments, which were an obvious reference to Obama's admitted drug use, follow a pattern. Let's not forget Clinton campaign strategist Mark Penn's claim that "the issue related to cocaine use is not something that the campaign was in any way raising." Or Sen. Bob Kerrey's comments shortly after endorsing Clinton: "It's probably not something that appeals to him, but I like the fact that his name is Barack Hussein Obama, and that his father was a Muslim and that his paternal grandmother is a Muslim. There's a billion people on the planet that are Muslims, and I think that experience is a big deal."

But the latest comment from the campaign came after Clinton's tears; they came after New Hampshire helped her find her voice. This is the same old, same old. No corner has been turned. This is Clinton politics as usual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in disbelief that so many people can't see through Hillary's facade. I'm 37 and have lived in Arkansas all of my life, so I do have a somewhat clearer perspective on what she's about, as do many Arkansans. I've even met her once when I was a child, and Bill twice over the years as governor. Nobody is perfect, but I can tell you that I've always liked Bill and have had a hard time even looking at her. Her personality makes my skin crawl. From things I've watched in Arkansas, to the day I sat and watched her roll her eyes (on LIVE TV) at the congressional memorial services for the 9/11 victims, I just can't stomach the thought of her being president, nor her fake emotions for the poor or minorities.

It might come to interest to those reading this that I'm a white male who is a moderate and has voted both Democrat and Republican. I believe in making the right choice even if across the political line. I know many people are straight ticket voters and that's your choice. It's not mine. I believe Obama and Edwards are both excellent candidates if you want to elect a Democrat. Just think long and hard before you pop her into a position to further her own agendas. I should also add that I have NO problem with a woman being president. Just not that woman.