Monday, July 14, 2008

Two parents

I have not heard a lot about this from the mainstream media, but in an interview with The New York Times, John McCain said the he doesn't "believe in gay adoption." Actually, what he said, when asked if he agreed with Bush's belief "that gay couples should not be permitted to adopt children," he answered, "we’ve proven that both parents are important in the success of a family so, no I don’t believe in gay adoption."

As a relative of two wonderfully loving gay parents to two adopted children, I'm not going to cite anything other than my personal experience to refute McCain's nonsense. I will, though, note that despite a blog post by the gossiper Perez Hilton, McCain's quote has gotten zero notice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone should remind McCain that every child adopted is a child not aborted.

Anonymous said...

Things seemed to work out fine in My Two Dads. So they weren't gay, but there were still two dads.