Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What a joke

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the meaning of last night. It is complicated because of its meaning for the country, for politics, for the Democratic Party. While I attempt to put something together, I wanted to draw attention to McCain's laughably delivered speech last night. It was on before the Clinton and Obama speeches and it was a clear example of why this will be an uphill climb for the Republicans in the fall.

The speech is shown below in full. As you watch, put aside all the questions about the internal disputes in the Democratic Party. Forget for a moment that Obama has a "problem" with white voters. Just watch the person he is running against and I think it will be clear that Obama is the favorite to beat anyone who gives a speech as bad as this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The debates between Obama and this dinosaur are going to be epic asskickings.