Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Family feud



The media is drooling over the debate. "It was fight night." "The Democratic front runners tried to land a knockout!" "They held no punches!"

But I thought it was hard to watch. It was like seeing your parents fight. It was awkward. Obama and Clinton took the kind of shots that are usually reserved for their henchmen. It made me uncomfortable.

The pundits are trying to figure out who benefited (the early consensus seams to be that Obama locked up SC, Clinton has gone national and Edwards won the debate), but as someone who thinks all three candidates would be a great nominee, the only thing I'm sure of is that the Democratic Party lost last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad waste of time to beat up on eachother. I think you're going to hear less from Bill Clinton for a while though.

Eric said...

I absolutely agree with your comment about watching your parents fight. Couldn't have said it any better. I'm just wondering what approach each will take going into the California Debates. Will we see more of the same?